Sunday, May 06, 2007

. . . And, We're Back!

So I figured I should actually post sometime this spring, since I've signed up for Sockapalooza 4 and all. How about some pictures of that never-ending Nantucket Jacket, which (as tends to happen when I actually sit down and work on something) did actually end after all?

Here's a view of the front:


One with a very surprised-looking P:


And one from the back to show that groovy waist shaping:

Project Details:

Pattern: Nantucket Jacket, Interweave Knits Winter 2006

Yarn: Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran, Color 12 (grey)

Started: 11/1/2007 (ish)

Finished: roundabout 3/30/2007

Comments: As I noted here, I had a heck of a time getting gauge when I started, but all that ripping out paid off--it is probably the best-fitting sweater I've ever knitted for myself. I added barely an extra inch to the body, between the end of the waist shaping and the armholes. Otherwise, I followed the pattern pretty closely. I've been wearing this sweater a lot since finishing it, and it's one of those sweaters that gets oohs and aahs from everyone once they realize that I knit it myself. So if you've been on the fence about making this sweater, go for it--it's fun to knit and looks a lot harder than it actually is!

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That's quite encouraging, since I've had my eyes on it for a while. Yours looks fabulous - congrats!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

It looks great! I hope you get lots of use out of it... this is the weather for 3/4 length sleeves.

2:17 PM  
Blogger gabriella said...

Wow, that looks awesome Norah!! Great color choice - very versatile. Will we get to see it in person some week at KS, if it's ever cool enough out again to wear it this spring? Lovely job. ~gabriella :)

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norah, it looks amazing! and it really suits you. I'm thinking it's not as hard as it looks, but it's still pretty complicated - accept all those kudos... thea

7:40 PM  
Blogger gabriella said...

hey norah - you've been tagged for a meme! all the details are in the most recent post on my blog. ~gabriella :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Gorgeous Nantucket Jacket! Love the color and the fit is perfect on you.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home