Monday, March 19, 2007

Lisa Jinxed Me!

So there I was at Knitsmiths yesterday, innocently knitting along on my new project, when Lisa B. asks, "Are those Denise knitting needles you're using? Do you like them?" Well, yes, I was using my second-hand Denise set that I purchased off eBay many moons ago, back when I first started knitting. And yes, I did like them, even though one of the included cables had broken several months before. No sooner had I picked up that project today, though, than . . . snap! Another cable--and needle--down the drain.

So here's my question. Has anyone used the new Knit Picks Options interchangeable set? Reviews good and/or bad? I like the idea of an interchangeable set because a) it's more affordable than buying all those needles singly (and I knit almost exclusively on circulars); b) I like the flexibility of having all my needles together for when I'm, say, swatching for a project. Gauge not quite right? Voila--switch to a different set of tips, and you can knit another swatch without having to fumble through the old knitting needle case; and c) I like being able to just throw the whole darn set in my luggage when I'm traveling. Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on this set--I'm thinking of making a yarn order from Knit Picks soon anyway, so now I'm weighing whether or not to order this needle set as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

I used KnitPicks Options 4s for a Rose of England shawl. They're quite nice - good tapered point, good cable join, excellent cable flexibility and cable lengths (a big advantage when knitting a circular shawl) - comparable to Addi Turbos, except with a finer point, more like Addi Lace needles. I'd buy an entire set if I didn't already have a Boye NeedleMaster set.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home