Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Thank-You Hat

As I mentioned at the end of my Christmas yarn saga, I decided to make a thank-you gift for the person who bought me all that yarn in the first place. I finished this weeks ago, but didn't want to post about it until I had shared the whole story, since it wouldn't really make sense out of context. Here it is:


Pattern: Droplet Hat from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed Homespun, Color 845, one skein

Started: 1/5/2007

Finished: 1/26/2007

Comments: I had a great time knitting this hat, with the exception of the one row that has like a zillion bobbles. That being said, though, Norah Gaughan's no-turn bobble method does make the bobbles a lot easier, and it's a good technique to pick up if you're planning to knit any other project with bobbles, which seem to be cropping up all over knitting patterns right now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Very very cute. Although they sound tedious, the bobbles do make the hat.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

cool hat, must check out Norah's technique - as bobbles scare me, but I'm drawn to them!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home