Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Seeing Double again

As I may have mentioned earlier, the double-knit hat I was knitting was on a pretty tight deadline. Well, it turns out that Mother Nature had a deadline that coincided with mine, too. As I was weaving in ends, we were getting Boston's first significant ice/snow storm of the year, followed by several days of bitterly cold weather. Weather that calls for a nice thick hat, right?
And here it is:












Project Details:
Pattern: DoubleknitSki cap by Alison Hansel, with a different stripe sequence based on Fibonacci.
Yarn: Cascade 220, color 9498 and 7824, less than one skein apiece
Started: 1/24/2007
Finished: 2/14/2007
Comments: Other than underestimating the amount of time required to knit this (you're really knitting two hats--duh--no wonder it takes twice as long!), this was fun. I always enjoy learning new techniques, and this one was pretty painless once I understood the principle. It seemed very mysterious as I was reading the directions and casting on, but the idea behind it becomes clear pretty quickly as you knit. I'm toying with the idea of doing a double-knit cap for P. for next winter, maybe something with more colorwork depicting whales or fish like the one Johanna made a couple years back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Double the work, absolutely!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home